SPECIAL RULES 2018
- Contestants must sign release forms good for any event held in 2018 .
- A Contestant must enter at least 3 events in at least 6 of the 10 shows to qualify for any of the awards. Awards are given at year end awards banquet in January
- CLASS AWARDS given only if winner has qualified and ridden in the class at least 6 times and has at least 5 pts(SEE FYI).
- Show entry fees are $5.00 per class. All Exhibitions are $4.00 each. Each rider MUST pay a once a year $10.00 ground charge. We also charge $10.00 per day if you need electric hook-up. Events paid for and not ridden will always receive future credit. Accounts may be paid in cash, check or a signed blank checks can be held to the end of the show. ALL CHECK MUST HAVE TXDL#. Contestants can not ride until accounts paid. A $30 office and handling charge for any returned checks and any accounts 60 day overdue. Members will be suspended until all fees paid.
- The age group a contestant is in as of Jan. 1, 13 and under contestants must show proof of age by the final show or you will be dropped from the Championship year end standings. (SEE FYI)
- A rider may show up to 2 horses in an individual working class. The horse shown first will be your age group points.
- Color Horses, Junior Horses, Novice Horses, and Rookie Riders must be nominated by May 1, 2018 to qualify for the year end awards. Solid Color horses must show proof registry by the final show or be dropped from standings and Junior horses 5 years of age and under must show proof of age by the final show or be dropped from standings. (SEE FYI)
- Class points go to the horse/rider team. Age group points to the rider. Class points to the horse. Rider must inform officials of horse they are riding in the class or forfeit all their class points.
- The six point system will be used: Four people, 1st place gets four pts. etc.. up to six.
- No duplicate awards given. In the case of a tie for high point one of the events will be drawn prior to the show.
The tied contestants will run off and points given. If one forfeits to run they also forfeit the points. If one of the tied contestants is a horseshow rider we declared the winner who has earned points in the greatest number of events.
- An automatic 5 second penalty will be placed on any 8-under contestant that comes in contact with the helper. 8-under contestants will be disqualified if they leave the arena before completing the pattern. 9-13 and 14-over will be disqualified for crossing timer before completing the pattern.
- Reruns given only if horse falls or timer fails.
- The Owner reserves the right to ask someone to leave the grounds due to rough or rude behavior to horses or other guests.
- In the case of a dispute a written protest must accompany a $100. bond to be forfeited if the dispute is found to be unwarranted.
- AQHA rules will be followed when possible - dress codes are the option of the Judges. Horseshow Judge and Playday Arena Judges ruling is final.
ATTENTION YR 2018 CONTESTANTS: FOR YOUR INFORMATION
- All Year-end Awards are subject to you QUALIFYING
- If you were born in the year '09-'10-’11-’12-’13-’14-’15-’16-’17-’18 You MUST ride in the 8-under class
- If you were born in the year ‘08-’07-‘06-’05-‘04 You MUST ride in the 9-13 class
- If you were born in the year ‘03-and before MUST ride in the 14-over
- If your age changes during the year you can ride in the next age group up but you must stay in that group
- Any contestant 13-under must show PROOF OF AGE by the final show to be eligible for year end award
- Regarding Special Rule #3 & #8 the horse gets the class points that goes for the Championship year end class award.
To win the class award horse/rider team must have QUALIFIED and ridden in the class at least 6 times and received at least 5 points to receive plaque. If you change horses your class points start over on the new horse although you still have points on the first horse. For your age group points you can ride a different horse in every class. In individual classes you may ride two horses but the age group points only count on the horse you ride FIRST. Contestants must notify officials of the name of the horse they are riding prior to riding in class if it is found to be a different horse then on entry form rider will forfeit all class points.
- One and only one halter class counts(even if you show in both) for High Point and age group points. Unless told in
advance we will always count the FIRST halter class you entered as your high point and age group points.
- Walk & Trot Pleasure does NOT count for Age group points. Only Novice, Color, Junior, and Challenge Awards
- To qualify for the Color Horse Award you MUST nominate your horse by May 1st and show in Halter or Showmanship at least 4 times and a performance class at least 4 times
- If your horse was foaled in the year ’13-’14-’15-’16-’17-’18 you can qualify for the Junior Award you MUST nominate your horse by May 1st and show in Halter or Showmanship at least 4 times and a performance class at least 4 times
- If your horse is in his first year of showing regardless of horses age you can nominate your horse for the Novice award you MUST nominate your horse by May 1st and show in Halter or Showmanship at least 4 times and a performance class at least 4 times
- If this is your first year of showing regardless of your age you can be nominated for the Rookie award youMUST be nominate by May 1st and show in Halter or Showmanship at least 4 times and a performance class at least 4 times